CM-14 Signed Components
Prevent the installation of cm-14_prm_1 without verification that the component has been digitally signed using a certificate that is recognized and approved by the organization.
|cm-14_prm_1||organization-defined software and firmware components|
Software and firmware components prevented from installation unless signed with recognized and approved certificates include software and firmware version updates, patches, service packs, device drivers, and basic input/output system updates. Organizations can identify applicable software and firmware components by type, by specific items, or a combination of both. Digital signatures and organizational verification of such signatures is a method of code authentication.
- IR 8062 Brooks S, Garcia M, Lefkovitz N, Lightman S, Nadeau E (2017) An Introduction to Privacy Engineering and Risk Management in Federal Systems. (National Institute of Standards and Technology, Gaithersburg, MD), NIST Interagency or Internal Report (IR) 8062.
Related controls 4
- CM-07 Least Functionality L M H P
- SC-12 Cryptographic Key Establishment and Management L M H P
- SC-13 Cryptographic Protection L M H P
- SI-07 Software, Firmware, and Information Integrity L M H P