CP-08 Telecommunications Services
Establish alternate telecommunications services, including necessary agreements to permit the resumption of cp-08_odp.01 for essential mission and business functions within cp-08_odp.02 when the primary telecommunications capabilities are unavailable at either the primary or alternate processing or storage sites.
Telecommunications services (for data and voice) for primary and alternate processing and storage sites are in scope for CP-8 . Alternate telecommunications services reflect the continuity requirements in contingency plans to maintain essential mission and business functions despite the loss of primary telecommunications services. Organizations may specify different time periods for primary or alternate sites. Alternate telecommunications services include additional organizational or commercial ground-based circuits or lines, network-based approaches to telecommunications, or the use of satellites. Organizations consider factors such as availability, quality of service, and access when entering into alternate telecommunications agreements.
- SP 800-34 Swanson MA, Bowen P, Phillips AW, Gallup D, Lynes D (2010) Contingency Planning Guide for Federal Information Systems. (National Institute of Standards and Technology, Gaithersburg, MD), NIST Special Publication (SP) 800-34, Rev. 1, Includes updates as of November 11, 2010.
Control Enhancements 5
- CP-08(01) Priority of Service Provisions L M H P
- CP-08(02) Single Points of Failure L M H P
- CP-08(03) Separation of Primary and Alternate Providers L M H P
- CP-08(04) Provider Contingency Plan L M H P
- CP-08(05) Alternate Telecommunication Service Testing L M H P
Related controls 5
- CP-02 Contingency Plan L M H P
- CP-06 Alternate Storage Site L M H P
- CP-07 Alternate Processing Site L M H P
- CP-11 Alternate Communications Protocols L M H P
- SC-07 Boundary Protection L M H P