IA-07 Cryptographic Module Authentication
Implement mechanisms for authentication to a cryptographic module that meet the requirements of applicable laws, executive orders, directives, policies, regulations, standards, and guidelines for such authentication.
Authentication mechanisms may be required within a cryptographic module to authenticate an operator accessing the module and to verify that the operator is authorized to assume the requested role and perform services within that role.
- FIPS 140-3 National Institute of Standards and Technology (2019) Security Requirements for Cryptographic Modules. (U.S. Department of Commerce, Washington, D.C.), Federal Information Processing Standards Publication (FIPS) 140-3.
Related controls 5
- AC-03 Access Enforcement L M H P
- IA-05 Authenticator Management L M H P
- SA-04 Acquisition Process L M H P
- SC-12 Cryptographic Key Establishment and Management L M H P
- SC-13 Cryptographic Protection L M H P