IR-07 Incident Response Assistance
Provide an incident response support resource, integral to the organizational incident response capability, that offers advice and assistance to users of the system for the handling and reporting of incidents.
Incident response support resources provided by organizations include help desks, assistance groups, automated ticketing systems to open and track incident response tickets, and access to forensics services or consumer redress services, when required.
- OMB A-130 Office of Management and Budget Memorandum Circular A-130, *Managing Information as a Strategic Resource* , July 2016.
- IR 7559 Singhal A, Gunestas M, Wijesekera D (2010) Forensics Web Services (FWS). (National Institute of Standards and Technology, Gaithersburg, MD), NIST Interagency or Internal Report (IR) 7559.
Control Enhancements 2
- IR-07(01) Automation Support for Availability of Information and Support L M H P
- IR-07(02) Coordination with External Providers L M H P
Related controls 9
- AT-02 Literacy Training and Awareness L M H P
- AT-03 Role-based Training L M H P
- IR-04 Incident Handling L M H P
- IR-06 Incident Reporting L M H P
- IR-08 Incident Response Plan L M H P
- PM-22 Personally Identifiable Information Quality Management L M H P
- PM-26 Complaint Management L M H P
- SA-09 External System Services L M H P
- SI-18 Personally Identifiable Information Quality Operations L M H P