PE-05 Access Control for Output Devices
Control physical access to output from pe-05_odp to prevent unauthorized individuals from obtaining the output.
Controlling physical access to output devices includes placing output devices in locked rooms or other secured areas with keypad or card reader access controls and allowing access to authorized individuals only, placing output devices in locations that can be monitored by personnel, installing monitor or screen filters, and using headphones. Examples of output devices include monitors, printers, scanners, audio devices, facsimile machines, and copiers.
- IR 8023 Dempsey KL, Paulsen C (2015) Risk Management for Replication Devices. (National Institute of Standards and Technology, Gaithersburg, MD), NIST Interagency or Internal Report (IR) 8023.
Control Enhancements 3
- PE-05(01) Access to Output by Authorized Individuals
- PE-05(02) Link to Individual Identity L M H P
- PE-05(03) Marking Output Devices
Related controls 4
- PE-02 Physical Access Authorizations L M H P
- PE-03 Physical Access Control L M H P
- PE-04 Access Control for Transmission L M H P
- PE-18 Location of System Components L M H P